Job title: Managing Editor (one year contract)
Thrive, the award-winning, health communications agency, is looking for a talented managing editor. We are a small company but with a global reach – we work with health companies, NGOs, charities and big businesses to affect social change. We pride ourselves on our work and company vision: “To inspire and empower everyone to make positive health choices”. We need someone who shares our passion for health and social good.
For more information on our global work go to www.thriveagency.uk
This role gives you the opportunity to bring your superb editing and organisational skills to a small, committed team. You will be responsible for liaising with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to oversee the smooth delivery of complex editorial projects.
This is a full-time position. The role can be home-based or a combination of home and office, once Government guidance changes. Thrive is based in Norwich.
- Manage high-quality editorial projects from concept to delivery
- Line manage a small team
- Partnering effectively with team members in edit, design, production and social, as well as with our commercial team
- Work with external partners and clients, building great relationships with your excellent communication skills and your passion for superb service
- Edit content with accuracy and flair to ensure it is always engaging, useful and accurate
- Ensure content is optimised for SEO
- 5+ years of experience creating and managing content, especially in science or health
- Ability to make complex information digestible and engaging while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to work independently, following an established editorial process, and reliably meeting deadlines
- A confident project manager – detail-oriented and deadline-focused
- A multi-tasking, organisational wizard – able to work to changing priorities as needed
- An excellent communicator with great people skills
In return we offer flexible remote working, interesting work on a range of projects, and a supportive environment with our own in-house wellbeing team.
Salary: dependent on experience
Please send your CV and letter of application to: [email protected]