Job title: Senior Editor (Maternity cover 12-month fixed term contract’)
Location: Norwich and/or remote
Salary: 32-35K DOE
Closing Date: 31st March 2023
Hours: 21 -35 hours a week (we are happy to hear from applicants who are looking for a part or full time role but a minimum of three days a week)
Do you want to use your outstanding editorial skills to improve the health and wellbeing of audiences in the UK and beyond?
Thrive, the award-winning, health communications agency, is looking for a talented senior editor. We are a small company but with global reach – we work with health companies, NGOs, charities and big businesses to affect social change. We pride ourselves on our work and company vision: “To inspire and empower everyone to make positive health choices”.
This role gives you the opportunity to bring your superb writing and editing skills to a small, committed team. You’ll need to be happy to work cross-functionally, and to deal with stakeholders, to oversee the smooth delivery of complex editorial projects. And you should share our passion for health and social good.
Thrive is based in Norwich. We’re currently following a hybrid working model, combining office and home working.
We’re happy to consider applicants from anywhere in the country, although you must be able to travel to Norwich for key meetings, if and when required.
- Deliver high-quality editorial projects from concept to delivery
- Write sparkling copy that’s always engaging, useful and accurate
- Edit content with accuracy and flair
- Partner effectively with team members in edit, design, production and social, as well as our commercial team
- Managing / mentoring junior members of the team
- Work with external partners and clients, building great relationships with your excellent communication skills and your passion for superb service
- 5+ years’ experience creating and managing content, especially in science or health fields
- Comfortable writing for consumers and B2B
- Able to make complex information digestible and engaging, while maintaining accuracy with health literacy in mind
- Strong working knowledge of SEO
- Proven ability to work independently, following established editorial processes, and delivering on time and on brief
- Previous experience at managing editorial projects and clients independently whilst keeping to deadlines
- Confident, detail-oriented and deadline-focused editor
- Multi-tasking, organisational wizard – able to change priorities and jump between projects
- Creative thinker – able to bring a fresh perspective to written and visual content
- Excellent communicator with great people skills
In return, we offer flexible working, interesting work on a wide range of projects, and a supportive environment with our own in-house wellbeing team.
Please send your CV, plus a letter telling us why you’re right for this role, to: [email protected]